What are you going to do?
After a thorough training period, you will independently solve issues by examining the signal and carrying out maintenance and repairs in and around the building.
Your main task is taking care of the signals from the hotel rooms, you receive these via a handheld. They are submitted by the guest himself or a colleague from e.g. housekeeping or front-office.
The issues you need to resolve are e.g. faults in lighting, TV sets, furniture, doors, glassware, hot water supply, climate system, water treatment system, cooling systems, piping systems, sanitary facilities, equipment, (ground) lighting, etc .
You also support our Banqueting department with technical aspects during the construction and dismantling of events. You will also be trained as a company emergency officer, elevator fighter and you will be part of the fire prevention team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- (Preventive) maintenance and repair work on the hotel;
- Resolving issues reported by guests and colleagues;
- Resolving fire alarms;
- Perform inspections;
- Completing reports, inspection lists and taking care of the log;
- Reporting damage or dangerous situations.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 7 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 08:00-16:00 hours, 12:00-20:00 hours, 15:00-23:00 hours.
Night shifts are very incidental.
Who are you?
- You are a technical all-rounder with work experience (2-5 years) in a similar position;
- You have a MTS or MBO Level 3 or 4 diploma;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have excellent knowledge of Dutch laws and regulations in the technical field, such as the NEN3140;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references;
- You have a flexible and independent working attitude;
- You have knowledge of Word and Excel.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent:
- Team player
The Engineering department is responsible for the maintenance of Hotel Okura Amsterdam and for resolving any faults within the hotel. A 5-star hotel of this size is a city in itself. From hotel rooms to offices and from refrigerator lights to 150,000 liters of water in the pool, every department and facility must also be technically in tip-top condition. In the position of Engineer, you and the Engineering team ensure that the hotel and hotel properties are in the best condition. In addition you assist the hotel guests in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by carrying out all Engineering related tasks.
Who are your colleagues?
The Engineering team consists of around 12 employees; one Chief Engineering, one Engineering Supervisor, 2 Senior Engineers, 3 Engineers, one Handyman, one Carpenter and one Secretary.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract
Salary: Group 5, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering IndustryTraining: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!