Revenue & E-Commerce Trainee - Commercial Division
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five-star hotel. By stepping into our world, you will discover that Eastern and Western influences are uniquely entwined by our blend of Japanese and Dutch culture. Together, all employees make sure that every guest is being given the personal attention to create the most extraordinary and authentic experience. We offer different traineeships and therefore have a vacancy for a Revenue & E-Commerce trainee. Are you ambitious? Do you have passion for the hospitality industry and want to gain unique knowledge in one of The Leading Hotels of the World? Continue reading and apply for an unforgettable internship!
What to expect
You will work closely together with the Manager Revenue and Business Performance and the marketing team. The Manager Revenue and Business Performance is responsible for analysing and improving the overall revenue results via all distribution channels. The marketing team is, besides other tasks, responsible for creating and implementing online campaigns via Google Ads and Metasearch and optimising the online guest journey.
As a Revenue & E-Commerce Trainee you, together with our Revenue and Marketing department, will be responsible for coming up with ideas for new campaigns for all outlets of Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Together we will create the campaigns from start to end, from the idea and get all departments aligned to actually creating content and pricing for the campaigns. You will do research on market trends and monitor our competitors. You will assist in preparing monthly reports and presentations for meetings. You will plan and attend meetings with the respective departments to plan and discuss upcoming campaigns.
Your main tasks will be:
- Working with Revenue and Marketing to ensure the online information is correct, relevant and in line with the hotel strategy;
- Maximising revenue through accurate content, competitive price, best possible ranking, conversion and relevant exposure;
- Assisting in creating campaigns including rate loading;
- Assisting in various other online marketing related tasks and activities;
- Assisting in improving the online guest journey;
- Assisting in daily tasks, strategy adjustments, parity checks and market observation;
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with third-party partners in the areas of revenue optimization and E-Commerce;
- Keeping up with the latest industry trends to guarantee an ongoing improvement;
- Compiling the monthly reports and analysing result of campaigns;
- Preparing and following up on internal meetings;
- Assisting the Manager Revenue and Business Performance and marketing team with projects.
Working days are from Monday to Friday. To assist during events, you may need to work in the evening or on weekends. It is possible to work on your thesis or any assigned school tasks once a week.
What we offer
Contract: Trainee contract, minimum of 6 months starting from September
Salary: We offer a trainee compensation of €500 euros per month, based on a fulltime traineeship.
Holidays: With an internship agreement of 6 months, you will receive 1 day off per month
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
- Extensive development opportunities to improve day by day. We offer an online e-learning system with more than 300+ courses. Moreover, we offer specific courses from our Training Manager, such as: Lean White Belt Training and the Extraordinary Guest Experiences training;
- Room to share initiatives, ideas and improvements, based on the Lean philosophy. Doesn’t matter if you have worked with us for a week, month or year: We want to hear your thoughts;
- Vitality weeks and monthly health days;
- Daily free lunch;
- Once per year 50% staff discounts in one of our restaurants (lucky you!);
- The whole year around 20% staff discounts in one of our restaurants;
- Great staff events (annual staff party, Sinterklaas, team outings, bootcamp);
- Possibility to do cross trainings to learn more about other departments, for example, take a look at the Japanese kitchen.
What are we asking
Of course, we are first and foremost interested in you and what we can do for you as an employer to provide you a great workplace. However, we expect you to:
- You are a hotel management or marketing student;
- You have passion for the hotel industry;
- You have a pro-active attitude;
- You have Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- You have an innovative and creative mindset;
- You have eye for detail;
- You speak fluent English;
- You can follow discrete measures and can be trusted with confidential information;
- You are keen to learn and can work independently;
- You are motivated and flexible.
- Knowledge of Opera is a pre (but not a must).
Enthusiastic? That’s great, please apply!
Please apply via the button below, we will call you as soon as possible for a short introduction to get to know each other. A selection assessment is one component of our recruitment process.