Assistant Director of Food & Beverage - Food & Beverage Department
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international 5 star hotel. Step in our world and experience how Eastern and Western influences are uniquely entwined through our mix of Japanese and Dutch culture. All our colleagues ensure an authentic service and experience to all guests. In order to achieve this, we are looking for an enthusiastic F&B Coordinator to strengthen our F&B team. Are you great in solving problems? Are you alert and quick to handle things? Then this vacancy is for you!
Food & Beverage
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Assistant F&B Director to join our F&B team. The Food & Beverage team is responsible for exceeding the wishes of our guests and works together in highly qualified professional teams. The hotel has five restaurants, of which “Ciel Bleu” is awarded with two Michelin stars, the “Yamazato restaurant with one Michelin star and “Serre restaurant” with a Bib Gourmand. “Sazanka Restaurant” is a Japanese Teppanyaki Restaurant. “Le Camelia” is opened daily for breakfast and can also be booked for lunches and dinners. Besides our excellent restaurants, Hotel Okura Amsterdam has two hotel bars, a culinary cooking studio and 19 banquet rooms available with 2 ball rooms and breakout rooms all on one floor for functions up to 1000 guests.
Who are your colleagues?
Food & Beverage department consists of the Director of Food & Beverage, two Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, one F&B Office Manager, one Quality Manager and one F&B Management trainee.
What are you going to do?
In the position of Assistant Director Food & Beverage you will work in close cooperation with our Director of Food and Beverage. Together you are responsible for overseeing and directing Banquet (operations), Kitchens, Restaurants, Bars, In-Room Dining/Minibar, Stewarding and any other Food and/or Beverage related area operated by Hotel Okura Amsterdam. As Assistant Director of Food and Beverage you are (co)responsible for guiding, developing and coaching approximately 20 department heads and 220 employees. It is a challenging and versatile position within the biggest F&B hotel in the Netherlands.
- Assisting and replacing the Director of Food and Beverage in case of absence (Co) responsible for daily operation and organisational management of the Food & Beverage department
- (Partly) responsible for HR related processes such as hour registration, payroll and sickness
- Hiring, training and empowerment of personnel and coaching and counselling of performance including mid- and end year conversations and personal development plans
- Controlling operational costs in the different outlets and stimulating Sales activities
- Responsible for making and keeping department budgets
- Setting out long-term vision and strategy
- Responsible for complaint handling
- Exercise quality control/improvement for both food and beverage aiming to maintain or increase Michelin stars/Bib Gourmand, high culinary level and exceed Leading Quality Assurance by Leading Hotels of the World
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations (HACCP) and Hotel Okura Amsterdam standards
- Ensure an open and clear communication between the F&B outlets
- Co-ordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service
- Ensure conference details and logistics are communicated efficiently and effectively between the clients, the C&E managers and the operational departments
- Ensure smooth and efficient events through flawless co-ordination of each group
- Ensure guest satisfaction at all times by guiding and training team members on proper policies and procedures
- Create a cooperative and harmonious work environment conducive to maximum employee moral and productivity
- Provide each guest with 5* quality service by adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel in accordance with the hotels policies, procedures and objectives (align with the standards of Leading Hotels of the World)
- Assist each guest, co-worker and vendor efficiently, courteously and professionally and lead by example
- Familiar with and performs according to the hotel’s vision and mission statement
- Participating in Management Duty shifts
- Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extending. We want you to stay!;
- Salary: Group 11. Click here for the salary scale;
- Bonus: 1 week salary if SMART goals are met;
- Travel Costs: From 10 KM travelling distance;
- Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days national holiday compensation based on a full time contract;
- Extensive development opportunities to improve day by day. We offer an online e-learning system with more than 300+ courses. Moreover, we offer specific courses from our Training Manager, such as: Lean White Belt Training and the Extraordinary Guest Experiences training;
- Room to share initiatives, ideas and improvements, based on the Lean philosophy. Doesn’t matter if you have worked with us for a week, month or year: We want to hear your thoughts;
- Once per year 50% staff discounts in one of our restaurants;
- The whole year round 20% staff discounts in one of our restaurants;
- Free meal in the canteen;
- Great staff events (annual staff party, Sinterklaas, team outings, bootcamp);
- Depending on your position, you will receive a uniform or dry cleaning reimbursement;
- Parking facilities for management positions;
- Vitality days and monthly health days;
- Possibility to do cross trainings to learn more about other departments, for example, take a look at the Japanese kitchen
- Employee of the month: receive € 100, - net, a stay in the hotel with a dinner in Serre Restaurant;
- Employee of the Year: Receive a complete trip to Japan!
- After your probationary period, you will receive an overnight stay including breakfast and a drink in our 23rd bar so you can experience our hotel as a guest!
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!