HR Business Partner - Human Resources
HR Business Partner
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international five-star hotel. Step into our world and discover how Eastern and Western influences are uniquely intertwined through our blend of Japanese and Dutch culture. All our employees work together to provide an outstanding, authentic service and experience for every guest. To achieve this, we are looking for a proactive HR Business Partner to support our team. Are you communicatively strong, organized and a team player? Then this vacancy is really for you!
What you can expect
The HR team manages the entire personnel policy for over 380 employees and is a sparring partner for employees, department heads and MT members in the field of Human Resources. It is a very dynamic work environment, where every day is different. This is a unique opportunity to work in an international five star hotel. In this hotel you will have the opportunity and freedom to develop yourself within and outside your field of expertise.
In the position of HR Business Partner, you are responsible for aligning our objectives with employees and management in your designated departments. You act as an HR advisor to the department heads within the overall HR playing field. You develop and integrate HR solutions and deliver added value to management and employees. You find it interesting to keep abreast of the latest developments and to apply them in practice. You are also aware of the rules regarding absenteeism.
Your main tasks are:
- Act as a sparring partner to department heads to implement the entire HR policy;
- Provide a full range of HR services in the areas of on-boarding, advancement, development and leadership and off-boarding;
- Execute HR policies and processes within the 35 departments (+/-350 employees);
- Talent management;
- Change management: we adopt a LEAN culture within our hotel;
- Act as a point of contact for department heads and employees;
- Coordinating and advising role in the field of absenteeism;
- Taking over tasks of the Human Resources Manager in his absence;
- Project leader of various HR projects;
- Maintaining and expanding a good relationship with schools and training;
Don't worry, you are not working alone! Besides working within your own team, you will also work closely with other teams within the hotel. Because only by working together do we achieve the best results. Work is performed from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00. We are flexible in this. You are expected to occasionally attend projects and networking events.
What we offer
- Contract: 1 year, possibility of extension, we want you to stay!
- Salary: Job group 7, click HERE for salary overview;
- Bonus: 1 week's salary if you achieve your SMART goals;
- Travel allowance: From 10 km commuting;
- Vacations: 25 days fulltime contract and free on National Holidays;
- Catering CLA;
- You will be provided with a laptop to occasionally work from home;
- We think along with you to give you the best private work balance;
- A dry-cleaning allowance and a reduced rate at our dry-cleaning facility for staff;
- Collective Survivor's Pension, for which you pay a small personal contribution;
- With a salary above the maximum pensionable salary we have a non-contributory Excess Pension for you;
- Possibility to insure yourself for the WGA-gap;
- Collective discount with our health insurer;
- For a small fee we offer a hot or cold meal in our cozy canteen;
- Extensive development opportunities to become a little better every day. We offer you an online e-learning library with more than 300+ courses. In addition, you can attend live trainings from our Training Manager. For example the Lean White Belt Training, Extraordinary Guest Experiences trainings the Personal Leadership Training;
- Lots of room for sharing new initiatives, ideas and improvements according to our Lean philosophy. Whether you work with us for a week, a month or a year: we are looking forward to hearing from you!
- Once a year 50% staff discount in one of our restaurants (lucky you!);
- All year round 20% staff discount in one of our restaurants;
- Great staff events (annual staff party, St. Nicholas party, team outings, boot camps);
- Vitality weeks and monthly health days;
- Opportunity to do cross training to learn more about other departments, for example, take a look at our Japanese kitchen!
- Employee of the month: receives €100, - net, an overnight stay in our hotel and a dinner in our Serre restaurant;
- Employee of the Year: will receive an all-inclusive trip to Japan!
- After completing your probationary period you will receive an overnight stay for 2 persons including breakfast and a drink in our 23d bar so you can experience the hotel as a guest!
What we ask
Of course we are first and foremost interested in you and what we can do for you as an employer. In addition, we expect from you:
- You are curious, can cope with high level of dynamics and work pressure, you have sufficient ability to put things into perspective;
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a similar position in a dynamic work environment;
- You have knowledge of the Wet Verbetering Poortwachter and you find it interesting to supervise absenteeism cases,
- You have good knowledge of and experience with relevant laws and regulations;
- Excellent command of both the Dutch and English languages (written and spoken).
Are you interested in this position?
Would you like to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Then apply quickly via the button below!