Food and Beverage Cost Analyst - Accounting Department
Food and Beverage Cost Analysist
Hotel Okura Amsterdam is an international 5 star hotel. Step in our world and experience how Eastern and Western influences are uniquely entwined through our mix of Japanese and Dutch culture. All our colleagues ensure an authentic service and experience to all guests. In order to achieve this, we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to strengthen our team. Are you a strong Cost Analysist looking for challenges, and would you like to work in a dynamic environment at one of the leading Hotels in the world? Then this vacancy is for you!
What can you expect
The Financial department, amongst other duties is responsible for processing all turnover and costs. As an Food and Beverage Cost Analyst, you share joint responsibility, together with the Accounts Payable Clerk for handling of all outstanding accounts and a healthy cashflow of the Hotel. Your main tasks will be:
- Creating monthly F&B cost analysis report by using appropriate data and gathering information from the operation;
- You will join monthly Profit/Loss meeting and explain your analysis and follow up action points;
- Maintaining effective communication and coordination within the organization especially with F&B related departments;
- Posting and checking monthly physical inventory;
- Booking all transactions of account;
- Responsible for the good upkeep and tidiness of the accounting department;
- Attend P/L meeting and advice/inform F&B cost related development or challenge.
Don't worry you will not be working alone. Besides working in your own team, you will also work with other departments in the hotel. Only by working together can we achieve the best results. Your working days will be from Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 17:06.
What do we offer?
- Contract: 1 year with the possibility of extending. We want you to stay!
- Salary: Group 6. Click HERE for the salary scale
- Bonus: 1 week salary if SMART goals are achieved
- Travel Costs: From 10 KM travelling distance
- Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days national holiday compensation based on a full time contract
- CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
- Extensive development opportunities to improve day by day. We offer an online e-learning system with more than 300+ courses. Moreover, we offer specific courses from our Training Manager, such as: Lean White Belt Training and the Extraordinary Guest Experiences training;
- Room to share initiatives, ideas and improvements, based on the Lean philosophy. Doesn’t matter if you have worked with us for a week, month or year: We want to hear your thoughts;
- Once per year 50% staff discounts in one of our restaurants (Lucky you!);
- The whole year round 20% staff discounts in one of our restaurants;
- Free meal in the canteen;
- Great staff events (annual staff party, Sinterklaas, team outings, bootcamp);
- Depending on your position, you will receive a uniform or dry cleaning reimbursement;
- Parking facilities for management positions;
- Vitality days and monthly health days;
- Possibility to do cross trainings to learn more about other departments, for example, take a look at the Japanese kitchen
- Employee of the month: receive € 100, - net, a stay in the hotel with a dinner in Serre Restaurant;
- Employee of the Year: Receive a complete trip to Japan!
What are we asking?
Of course, we are first and foremost interested in you and what we as an employer can do for you to provide a great workplace. Nevertheless we expect from you that:
- You can express yourself in English (fluency in both written and spoken) and good Dutch command;
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position;
- You are precise, analytical and result-oriented;
- You are service-oriented and possess strong communication skills;
- You have good knowledge of Excel, Office.
Enthusiastic? That’s great, please apply!
Please apply via the button below, we will call you as soon as possible for a short introduction to get to know each other. A selection assessment is one component of our recruitment process.