What are you going to do?
As Stewarding Supervisor you are responsible for coordinating all activities within the Stewarding department and giving instructions. You will also assist with operational tasks where needed. An important aspect of the position is the flexible working hours, as working during the weekend and night is part of the job.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Coordinating all activities within the Stewarding department;
- Assigning tasks and giving instructions;
- Supervise the progression and quality of all activities;
- Independently solving problems that occur with regards to the team and operational business;
- Working according to (hotel)regulations with regards to health, safety and hygiene (HACPP);
- Reporting all situations which are considered to be a health or safety hazard to the supervisor;
- Assisting with operational tasks where needed.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 07:00-15:00 hours, 15:00-23:00 hours, 23:00-07:00 hours.
Who are you?
- You are an enthusiastic team leader with lots of energy;
- You have a minimum of two years of experience within a similar position;
- You are service oriented;
- You have a flexible work attitude;
- You are prepared to work flexible working hours;
- You are physically healthy;
- You have excellent communication skills;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- External awareness
- Planning and organizing
- Stress management
- Team leadership
The Stewarding department provides all necessary materials to every F&B department on a daily basis and is also responsible for cleaning all nine kitchens in the hotel. All of this is done according to very strict HACCP standards.
Who are your colleagues?
The Stewarding team consists of more than twenty-five employees, of which one Chief Stewarding, one Assistant Chief Stewarding, four Stewarding Supervisors and approximately nineteen Stewards.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group IV, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!