What are you going to do?
As Banquet Supervisor, together with the rest of the team, you are responsible for exceeding the expectations of the guests and organizing successful events. You maintain extensive guest contact and are responsible for guiding the Banqueting team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Guiding Banqueting Waiters/Waitresses and temporary staff;
- Pro-actively thinking of ways to improve the service;
- Maintaining contact with the Conference & Events department;
- Coordinating conferences and events;
- Welcoming guests and relations;
- Maintaining contact with guests in foreign languages
- Maintaining excellent contact with different departments;
- Offering service conform standards of The Leading Hotels of the World;
- Following guidelines with regards to safety, Arbo, hygiene and HACCP;
- Working in a multicultural environment.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are scheduled depending on the events in-house.
Night shifts are very incidental.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 2 years of management experience within a Banqueting department;
- You are in possession of a diploma from the Middelbare Hotelschool or a similar education;
- You are guest oriented and you have eye for detail;
- You employ excellent communication skills;
- You have a commercial work attitude;
- You are flexible with regards to your work schedule;
- You live in Amsterdam or surroundings;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Customer/guest focus
- Financial awareness
- Planning and organizing
- Stress management
The Banquet Operations department of Hotel Okura Amsterdam is the biggest Banquet Operations department among five star hotels in the Netherlands and is market leader in banquet revenue and quality.
Who are your colleagues?
The Banqueting team consists of approximately fifteen employees, of which one Banquet Operations Manager, one Assistant Banquet Operations Manager, three Banquet Supervisors, one Banquet Guest Relations Officer and multiple Housemen and Waiters/Waitresses.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group V, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!