What are you going to do?
As a Breakfast Chef you are responsible for preparing breakfast dishes, performing mise and place activities, keeping the kitchen clean and developing new items on the menu. The breakfast team is also responsible for manning the live cooking stations in our breakfast restaurant.
Tasks & responsibilities
- The preparation of dishes in accordance with the established standards, recipe and planning;
- Ensuring a qualitatively strong end product;
- Working in accordance with standards of The Leading Hotels of the World;
- Advising guests in the area of breakfast choices;
- Having good guest contact;
- Making preparations with regard to dishes;
- Assessing the quality, freshness and shelf life of ingredients;
- Ensuring the quality, taste, structure and color of dishes and adjusting them when necessary;
- Compliance with regulations regarding hygiene;
- Cost control;
- Receiving, checking and storing ordered supplies.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
Who are you?
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- You show similar work experience (2-5 years);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a minimum of two positive references;
- You have a flexible and independent working attitude;
- You have knowledge of Word and Excel.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Stress Management
- Team player
The Main Kitchen team is responsible for the daily preparation of the dishes for the breakfast restaurant, all events on the banqueting floor and for the staff restaurant. They have a total of 4 kitchens to ensure that they can prepare the finest and tastiest dishes for the external and internal guests.
Who are your colleagues?
The Main Kitchen team consists of 25 employees, managed by the Executive Chef Main Kitchen.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group IV, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!