Chef Staff Restaurant
What are you going to do?
In our staff restaurant you, in cooperation with the enthusiastic team of the Main Kitchen, ensure every day an unforgettable lunch and dinner! Every day, around 100 employees visit the staff restaurant for lunch, dinner or a coffee break. These colleagues work at the highest culinary level and like to be surprised. You can give your complete creativity in the daily preparation of the tastiest lunch and dinner dishes. From an Asian noodle soup to a delicious Indian curry or a nice steak, you know our (inter) national staff and can surprise them daily.
You will not lose sight of your guests during lunch. After lunch and dinner, together with the team, you ensure that the restaurant looks great and you start with the mise en place for tomorrow. You are responsible for the progress in the kitchen as well as the enforcement of the rules in HACCP. Depending on the staffing in the staff restaurant, your commitment can also be required in the hotel's Main Kitchen.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Preparing dishes for both lunch and dinner;
- Taking care of the quality, freshness and shelf life of ingredients;
- Contributing creative ideas and suggestions for the menu;
- Guiding and advising colleagues and students and giving instructions;
- Receiving, checking and storing ordered supplies;
- Compliance with regulations regarding HACCP;
- Ensuring correct payment of the dishes.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day, you are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 09:00-17:00 hours, 10:00-18:00 hours, 12:00-20:00 hours.
Who are you?
- You have completed a relevant MBO education;
- You already have some experience (2-5 years) in a professional hospitality environment;
- You are a hospitality topper, want to grow with our company and you also realize this;
- You have an open attitude, you are direct and communicative;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a minimum of two positive references;
- You have a flexible and independent working attitude;
- You have knowledge of Word and Excel.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Stress Management;
- Team Player.
The Main Kitchen team is responsible for the daily preparation of the dishes for the breakfast restaurant, roomservice, all events on the banqueting floor and for the staff restaurant. They have a total of 4 kitchens to ensure that they can prepare the finest and tastiest dishes for the external and internal guests.
Who are your colleagues?
The Main Kitchen team consists of 3 employees, managed by the Executive Chef Main Kitchen. The total Main Kitchen team consists of 25 employees.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group VI, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!