Human Resources Trainee
What are you going to do?
As a Human Resources Trainee at Hotel Okura Amsterdam you will learn all aspects of HR and you will also get to bring them in practice! For example, you are responsible for handling the incoming applications and sending them to the right manager, you set-up employment contracts and conduct contract interviews with existing employees and new employees. You will help new employees, give them a tour and explain all the basics of working at Okura. If employees have questions, you try to help them out as much as possible or you can get help from a colleague. You will write vacancy texts, maintain and update the works at the website and you will be responsible for writing the posts on our HR Social Media channels. You support various projects, but you also have the responsibility for your own projects such as the staff party, all public holidays, the trainees’ lunch and the Okura Talent Recruitment Day. In short an internship where you can learn and do a lot!
Tasks & responsibilities
- Helping new employees on their way;
- Recruitment, from assessing applications to conducting job interviews;
- Maintaining contact with various departments for internal cooperation;
- Drafting employment contracts and making contract discussions;
- Taking care of both onboarding and offboarding of employees;
- Ensuring employer branding by maintaining the website and making posts on the HR Social Media channels;
- Writing vacancy texts and putting them on the right channels;
- Organizing and giving guided tours and presentations for schools and students;
- Organizing events for staff, such as health days, staff parties, Sinterklaas;
- Draw up and implement improvements from the LEAN project;
- Assisting the HR team and the Director of HR with various projects.
Working days & working hours
Working days are from Monday to Friday from 09:00-17:00 hours. It is possible to work 1 day a week on your school assignments or thesis.
Who are you?
- You are a student at a International Hotel School or an HBO HRM study;
- You are communicative and social;
- You are discreet and able to deal with confidential information;
- You are eager to learn and able to work independently;
- You are motivated and flexible;
- You have excellent computer skills and can work very well with Office;
- You are available for a minimum of 5 months;
- You have an excellent command of the Dutch and English language (both in word and in writing);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references;
- You have a flexible and independent working attitude;
- You have good knowledge of Word and Excel.
The HR team executes the entire personnel policy for more than 400 employees and is a sparring partner for employees, department heads and MT members in the field of Human Resources. It is a very dynamic work environment, where every day is different.
Who are your colleagues?
The HR team consists of eight colleagues: The Director of HR, Assistant Director of HR, HR Business Partner, Trainings Manager, HR & Salary administrator, two HR Coordinators and an HR Trainee.
What do we offer?
Contract: Trainee contract, minimum of 5 months as per June 2020
Salary: We offer a decent trainee fee of 500 euros per month based on fulltime
Holidays: For an internship agreement with a minimum of 6 months, you will get 1 day off per month
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!