What are you going to do?
We are looking for a Bartender who will support us in exceeding the expectations of our guests during the Afternoon Tea. We serve the Afternoon Tea on Saturdays and Sundays from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM in the Lobby of Hotel Okura Amsterdam.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Giving our Dutch and international guests a warm welcome in the Bar and conversing with them;
- Taking orders and mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to our guests;
- Mise en place preparation for the bar and pantry;
- Following guidelines of safety, cleaning and sanitation (HACCP);
- Following standards of The Leading Hotels of the World;
- Collecting payments and operating a cash register;
- Stocking of the bar;
- Keeping track of the storage;
- Keeping the work area clean and cleaning up afterwards;
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 2/3 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are between 15:00 and 02:00 hours.
Who are you?
- Relevant work experience (1-2 years) in a similar position and/or business is an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of creating, designing and delivering cocktails is an advantage;
- You are full of new and surprising ideas for drinks and can’t wait to try them out;
- You are representative and have a good way with guests;
- You are flexible with regards to shifts;
- You live in or within the vicinity of Amsterdam;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Customer/guest focus
We have 2 bar’s within our hotel the Lobby Bar and Twenty Third Bar. Between 4 p.m. and 2 a.m. hotel guests as well as external guests can enjoy a wide variety of cocktails and champagnes and a panoramic view over the city.
Who are your colleagues?
The bar team consists of out of approximately seven employees, of which one Hotel Bars Manager.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group IV, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!