Guest Relations Officer
What are you going to do?
Guest Relations Officer is an exciting position in which ‘service with a smile’ is essential. Together with the entire Front Office team you welcome our guests and contribute to a special stay at our hotel. As Guest Relations Officer you are the liaison between our guests and the hotel. You create a warm, welcoming and personal atmosphere by welcoming and greeting our guests personally. You are responsible for exceeding the expectations of the guests by looking at what is most important to them. Another important aspect of your position consists of handling complaints, checking guest rooms and handling VIP treatments and amenities.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Functioning as a liaison between our guests and the hotel;
- Maintaining contact with our regular and VIP guests;
- Assisting guests in a friendly, efficient and professional manner during their stay at Hotel Okura Amsterdam;
- Getting familiar with individual wishes of our guests and communicating them to the different departments;
- Handling and following up complaints;
- Checking guest rooms and handling VIP treatments and amenities;
- Developing guest profiles;
- Handling and following up suggestions of our guests;
- Responsible for the Executive Lounge and The Suite, together with your colleagues.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 07:00-15:00 hours, 15:00-23:00 hours.
Night shifts are very incidental.
Who are you?
- You are representative and service minded;
- You have successfully finished the Hotelschool or a similar education;
- You have relevant work experience (1-3 year) within a similar position in a similar organization, preferably within the luxury segment;
- You are excellent in Dutch and English (oral and written);
- Knowledge of the Japanese language is an advantage;
- You are flexible with regards to working hours;
- You are discrete;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Guest oriented
- Stress Management
The entire Front Office team is responsible for welcoming, handling and checking in and out guests and for providing information and service. The Front Office team is also responsible for guiding guests to their rooms and handling guest payments.
Who are your colleagues?
The entire Front Office team consists of 40 colleagues, who fulfil positions as Guest Relations, Receptionist, Concierge, Bagagist, Doorman and Operator.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group V, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!