This is a great time to join Hotel Okura Amsterdam (HOA) and lead the IT Department. We embark upon a significant number of transformational projects targeting business improvement from an across-the-board modernization of HOA’s applications and technology infrastructure impacting both the guest and employee digital experience.
In the role of IT Manager, you will technically facilitate this transformation towards more modern and integrated customer-aware systems while maintaining current systems as necessary in order to support HOA’s current business. You will also play an important strategic role contributing to HOA’s Technology Strategy.
You will work closely with your own team, with the Management Team, the consulting CIO, and with managers across all departments as well as with multiple external stakeholders. The IT Department at Hotel Okura Amsterdam (HOA) consists of three members; IT Manager, Assistant IT Manager, and IT Helpdesk Technician.
Task & Responsibilities:
- Works with HOA IT Support to reduce to a minimum the impact on operations from failures of, or bugs in, HOA Technology and Applications;
- The IT Manager is the primary point of contact with HOA IT Vendors for support issues.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the HOA technology strategy. Keeps the strategy fresh by staying up to date with the latest innovations, changes in competition and shifts in the market.
Systems & Application Performance & Support
- In conjunction with the business, define functional and technical ownership, service levels and supportability requirements for all applications and technologies within the portfolio;
- Participating in technology/applications development planning processes and implementations;
- Liaising with the HOA’s operational departments to monitor the ongoing performance of HOA Technology and Applications;
- Oversees, monitors and reports against vendor support levels across installed HOA Technologies and applications;
- For any incidents that arise, oversees the performance by vendors of root-cause analysis to identify and resolve problems;
- Works with IT infrastructure colleagues to define Disaster Recovery methods for applications within the portfolio;
- QA and test new releases prior to production release;
- Develops support documentation and processes;
- Participates in rotating 24/7 emergency response schedule for IT related matters (remote, on call).
- Responsible for complete end to end monitoring of cloud, server, and network technologies including WAN data circuits, routers, switches, Wi-Fi, VoIP, load balancers, servers, and satellite system. Responsible for overseeing the management and engineering of telecom services, including voice, data, and cellular;
- Negotiate with service agreements and product pricing with equipment vendors;
- Development of support documentation and processes;
- Ensures appropriate tools and resources are in place to enable an effective response to network and systems outages and customer trouble reports.
- Scope IT projects to develop resource, budget and timeline estimates;
- Manage assigned projects to successful outcomes, managing internal and external resources as required;
- Track, follow up on projects and project dependencies, and communicate status within HOA and to external stakeholders;
- Document agendas, meeting minutes and action items from project meetings;
- Check and validate project progress and dependencies for projects assigned to others within the department.
Budgeting & Team Management
- Develops (with others) and tracks the IT annual operating and capital budgets for IT Department purchasing, staffing, and operations;
- Leads the IT Team and is responsible for the entire HR cycle, with support of a HR Business partner.
Who are you?
- You have prior hotel IT management or similar experience;
- A graduate degree in computer science, business or a related field;
- You have prior management experience;
- You have and knowledge of the hotel industry;
- You have good communication skills in both Dutch and English;
- You are flexible, persistent and take initiative.
- Planning & Organizing
- Results Oriented
- Coaching & Motivating
Details of the position?
Contract: One year contract, with the possibility to extend
Bonus: 1 month salary based on SMART goals
Travelreimbursement: As of 10 km Commuting
Holiday: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: Horeca CAO
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!