Front Office Supervisor
What are you going to do?
As Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring a successful shift. You are the first contact person for guests as well as your team members. You will ensure that standards of Hotel Okura Amsterdam, based on the Leading Hotel of the World standards, are maintained. As Supervisor you will participate in flexible shifts.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Guiding Receptionists during the shift;
- Coach and motivate the team;
- Ensuring a successful shift;
- Handling requests and issues for guests;
- The welcoming of guests in a friendly and courteous manner and showing guest recognition as much as possible;
- The checking in and checking out of guests in an efficient and professional manner, according to the hotel procedures and standards of the Leading Hotels of the World;
- Remain informed of all (daily) activities, meetings and events within Hotel Okura Amsterdam;
- Attend shift briefings and monthly departmental meetings.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 07:00-15:00 hours, 15:00-23:00 hours, 23:00-07:00 hours.
You will work 5 nightshifts per month.
Who are you?
- You are in possession of a (Middelbare) Hotelschool diploma;
- You are motivated and flexible;
- You have a minimum of two years of experience within a similar position within the Front Office;
- Knowledge of the Opera system is an advantage;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- Speaking German, French and Spanish is an advantage;
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Coaching and motivation
- Guest focus
- Planning and organizing
- Result oriented
The Front Office team is responsible for welcoming our guests, check in and - out procedures and providing information and service. The Front Office team is also responsible for guiding guests to their rooms and handling guest payments.
Who are your colleagues?
The entire Front Office team consists of 40 employees including Guest Relations, Receptionists, Conciërges, Bagagists, Doormen and Telephone Operators.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group VI, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!