Roomservice & Breakfast Waiter/Waitress
What are you going to do?
In the position of roomservice & breakfast waiter/waitress you and the rest of the team will be responsible for the service to our guests in both the restaurant and roomservice. Besides this the team is also responsible for the minibars and arranging of VIP treatments.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Serving our guests during their stay in Hotel Okura Amsterdam according to the standards that have been set by the hotel (align with standards of Leading Hotels of the World);
- Focusing on guest contact;
- Performing tasks for Mise en Place on a daily basis;
- Taking care of minibars;
- Arranging VIP treatments in close collaboration with Guest Relations.
Working days & working hours
Work is carried out in shifts during 7 days a week.
You work 5 days a week, 7,6 hours a day. You are also available to work on public holidays.
The shifts are as followed 06:00-14:00, 07:00-15:00, 25:00-23:00 hours.
Night shifts are very incidental.
Who are you?
- Relevant work experience (1-2 years) in a similar position and/or business is an advantage;
- You are flexible with regards to shifts (morning, day, evening and night);
- You live in or within the vicinity of Amsterdam;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language (both spoken as written);
- As part of the pre-employment screening, we will ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a minimum of two positive references.
To be able to execute this position well, we expect that you have at least developed the following competencies to a large extent.
- Stress Management
- Team player
Le Camelia & Roomservice
Our guests can enjoy our lovely breakfast buffet and á la carte service in Le Camelia Restaurant as of 07:00 o’ clock. Besides enjoying breakfast in our Restaurant, our guests can also order roomservice as of 06:00 o’clock in the morning.
Who are your colleagues?
The Roomservice & Camelia team consists out of approximately fifteen employees, of which one Acting Service Manager and an Assistant Service Manager.
What do we offer?
Contract: 1 year contract, possibility to extend
Salary: Group III, click here for the salary overview
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days and 7 days National Holiday compensation per year
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
Discount: In our restaurants and overnight stays at Hotel Okura Amsterdam
Are you interested in this position?
Do you also want to be part of Okura's experienced and enthusiastic team? Apply quickly via the button below!